How to set up Authorized Verified Numbers
What does Number Authentication mean?
- Users can authorize their existing phone numbers to use Spiro.
- Outgoing calls will appear on the caller ID as the authorized number.
- Incoming calls will go directly to the authorized number, therefore these calls won't be recorded. Only outgoing calls made through the Spiro app will be recorded.
- Spiro users cannot text from an authorized number within Spiro.
Follow the steps below to authenticate your number:
- Login to your Spiro account > Go to Settings under your name in the top right corner
- Click on VoIP and a verification bar should appear (Caller ID
- Make sure to format your number with "+1" in front of your area code, with no special characters. Spiro reads country codes which is why we request adding the +1 here. If you are verifying a number from another country, use the country code in the same manner like so +44
- Then, click "Verify"
- You'll receive a phone call once you click verify and it will give you a pin number to enter. Then, you are all set!