Spiro Release [August 2023]
Having trouble playing the video? Watch it here
Introducing the New Spiro Phone App
We are excited to announce the brand new Spiro Phone App, available now within Spiro’s web app and soon to be widely available as iOS and Android mobile apps. The new Phone App consolidates Spiro’s voice-over-IP calling and texting features to simplify your communication needs.
Why we built the Spiro Phone App:
- The Spiro Phone App simplifies the user experience by consolidating missed calls, voicemails, and text messages in one location with a new alert system.
- The new Spiro Phone App is designed to mirror the experience of using the native phone app on your Android / iOS device. The new Spiro Phone App is a standalone platform that works together with Spiro’s existing CRM app to make both platforms easier to use.
- The latest available technology has enabled Spiro to offer improved call quality and enhanced reliability for all calling and texting features.
- Spiro no longer creates a Missing Contact record after you receive a call from an unknown number. Now, you can view missed calls from the ‘Recents’ tab of the Phone App and easily create or associate the number and call with a contact record in Spiro.
Start Using the Spiro Phone App
The Spiro Phone App is now available within the web application and as a standalone beta app on Android. It will soon be in beta on iPhone as well. The Phone App is included with all Spiro licenses. If you’re not currently using Spiro’s voice-over-IP features, please reach out to your customer success manager or Spiro admin to get started today.
Using the New Phone App on the Web
The Spiro Phone App can be accessed on the web from the top navigation bar:
To enable incoming call alerts, press the red phone icon. We also recommend you turn on “VoIP Notification at Login” in settings to receive a reminder to turn it on each time you log in.
When a user has missed calls, unread text messages, or voicemails, there will be an alert on the phone to let them know:
Users can open the phone app on the web with the two arrows “expand” icon. The Phone App is designed to look and work like the native phone app on an iPhone or Android:
Calls to and from contacts in Spiro will still be logged in the Activities section, as well as transcribed if you have that feature enabled. Calls are also accessible in the ‘Recents’ tab of the phone app.
Browser Alerts for New Calls and Texts
If a user has enabled receiving calls, the alert message for a new call or text is now a browser notification. This means when users are working in another tab or application, the notification will appear in the top right corner of the screen on the Mac and in the lower right corner on Windows above their other work. When a user selects this notification, Spiro will open in the correct tab for them to receive the call or read the text.
Spiro will ask permission to show you browser alerts for calls and texts. You must click 'Allow' to receive these alerts.
Press ‘Return’ to Dial from Keypad
Now when users are entering a phone number into the keypad, pressing the return key will dial the phone number, reducing the steps required to make calls efficiently and stay in touch with customers.
Watch a walkthrough of the new Spiro Phone App below.
Using the New Phone App on Android
The new Spiro Phone App is in beta testing but will be available and free of charge for all licensed Spiro users in the Google Play store in about a month. We will notify users when it is available for download.
When users download and sign into the phone app on Android, they will need to turn off the phone features of the Spiro CRM app (Settings > Spiro VoIP > Enable/Disable VoIP). Once we are done with the beta test period, all Spiro users wanting to make and receive phone calls on Android will need to download the phone App as this functionality will be removed from the CRM app.
The Phone App and the CRM app are designed to work together, so all contacts and companies from Spiro will be available in both apps and calls to contacts that are in Spiro will be automatically logged and transcribed (if enabled) as before.
If you would like to be one of the first to use the new Phone App, please reach out to your Spiro admin or customer success manager.
New Phone App on iPhone
We are hard at work on the new Phone App for the iPhone and expect to have it in the next release. Like on the other platforms, it is being rebuilt from scratch for improved performance, quality, and usability.
A few other things in this release
Thank you for reading this far! We have released a few additional fixes and updates that you have been waiting for.
- Adding a contact to a campaign from the contact page’s ‘more’ button is now much faster!
- The data collector log now shows the name of the data collector to make debugging easier.
- Users can now search for reminders by contact, company name, and other fields - not just the name of the reminder.
- We now support calculated fields in the product catalog.