How to set your default email app
Default email is the email account that automatically pops up first when you decide to send an email from Spiro. If you have multiple email accounts, you should choose the one you want to use for sending emails from Spiro and then make sure that it is set up as your default email account.
- Open the Mail app.
- If you haven't already set up an email account in Mail preferences or Internet preferences, follow the onscreen instructions to set one up now.
- From the Mail menu, choose Preferences.
- Click General.
- Choose your email app from the ”Default email reader” pop-up menu.
- Hit Windows + W to open the "Settings Search" screen. Type "Default Programs" in the search box and from the result set, choose "Default Programs."
- On the next window click on the link reading "Associate a file type or a protocol with a program." That will open the "Set Associations" window.
- Scroll down the programs list till you find "Protocols" section. Then look for MAILTO and double-click on it to set your preference.
- When you do that you will be presented with a list of programs that allow the protocol action. You may also search for an app from the Store.
- Choose the one you wish to set as your default. Preferred Option: Outlook desktop email client.
- Back on the "Set Associations" window, you may want to verify if things have been set accordingly. Check the "Current Default" against MAILTO option.
- Open Settings
- Scroll to Mail
- Scroll to Default Account
- Choose the email you would like to set as the default
Questions? Email email@example.com