Custom Fields/Entities and Layouts
Custom fields allow your team to capture important data for companies, contacts, and opportunities in Spiro. These fields can be used to filter lists in Spiro and create insightful reports around data.
As an Admin, you can customize your team's fields under Settings > Custom Fields.
Choose the entity you would like to add the new field too.
Add a label and choose the correct type for your field:
- Single-line text: user can type one line of text
- Multi-line text: user can type multiple lines of text
- Number: user can type a number
- Date Picker: user can choose a date from a calendar
- Single pick-list*: user can choose 1 option from the list
- Multi pick-list*: user can choose multiple options from the list
- Currency: formats number in dollar amount
- Link: a hyperlink that will open up in a new window
- Company Picker: link to another company that exists in Spiro
- Contact Picker: link to a contact that exists in Spiro
- User Picker: link to other Spiro users in your organization
- Calculated Value: calculate a value using other numeric fields (see below for example)
*When creating a pick-list, use a comma to separate each option on the list
Calculated Field Example
Let’s say you are selling a monthly subscription-based product for $10 a month. You can create a calculated field multiplying the number of months the customer has signed up for by the unit price.
Choose which fields should be visible and editable across different views in Spiro. You can also drag and drop field to reorder them across all views. If a field is not marked as editable, user will only be able to read this field and not update.
From Layouts you can also re-label standard fields under the Label column. For example, you may want to change the label name Amount to Annual Revenue. Click on the label you want to change, edit the label and then click out to save.
First, choose which entity you would like to customize the layouts for. You can choose from company, contact, opportunity or any custom entity you have created for your organization.
Next, choose which fields should be displayed for each of the following views in Spiro:
- New Record: fields displayed when creating a new company, contact or opportunity
- Record Details: fields displayed when you are looking at the details of a company, contact or opportunity
- List View: columns displayed when looking at a list of companies, contacts or opportunities
Be sure to save!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org