Spiro can be customized to align with your business requirements and sales process, but it is important to understand basic Spiro terminology:
Key Spiro Terminology:
Contacts -The people that you are in regular contact with, and you need to keep a record of in your system.
Companies - The business where your contacts (people you are selling to) work. If you sell directly to consumers, Spiro will default the company name to the contact's name.
Reminders - As you use Spiro to log your activity and create opportunities, it will help you set reminders and next steps. These reminders will pop up as push alerts, emails and in your Assistant tab that proactively help you remember to follow up with open opportunities. For more information on how to create and manage reminders go here.
Campaigns - This tool allows you to create customized call lists within Spiro, which you can access these lists from
- Always “Search” for a company/contact before creating one.
- Create opportunities! Your Assistant will be proactive in making sure you call or email them if you do not have the next step.
- Set reminders (next steps/tasks) for your opportunities and update sales stage.
- Choose Key Contacts for your opportunities- these are the people involved in the purchasing decision and it will filter them to the Opportunities they are connected to.
- Prospecting - You are still gathering information and doing research to identify if a potential customer has a need for your tool or service. All Spiro opportunities default to the prospecting stage.
- Qualifying - You have spoken to someone within the opportunity and are in the process of vetting a need or fit for your product/service. We suggest switching an opportunity to "Qualifying" if you successfully land a meeting or a demo with a decision maker.
- Proposing - You have submitted a quote or a proposal. If you are discussing price, then you are in the proposing stage.
- Closing - You have received a verbal commitment or have a strong feeling that this opportunity will be closed within the next month.
- Closed Won - You have a signed contract and received money. Congratulations!
- Closed Lost - Aw shucks. We'll get ‘em next time.
*Note: All sales stages are customizable to meet your specific business needs.
In Pipeline View, you can view all of your Opportunities by sales stage and use click and drag functionality to make changes.